Visit the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA website at www.michigan.gov/uia/, to apply for and access your UC benefits. At their internet portal, unemployed workers can apply for their benefits online. You can also view claim status, file an EUC or EB extension and renew or certify your biweekly claim. Read the overview below.
Losing a job always seems to come at a bad time. It is important to know that if you lost your job through no fault of your own, you may qualify for monetary benefits to help supplement your lost wages. It is really a matter of getting to the right resources, either at a local office or the internet portal. The agency makes it relatively easy to contact them to ask questions and get answers.
MI UIA Website Services:
Being unemployed is stressful enough without having to wade through all of the documents you need to file in order to get your claim benefits. The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency website helps to bring all of the required information, forms and documents to one online portal. It is really a useful and time saving website. Those who are newly unemployed and file new claims may be able to receive up to 20 weeks of unemployment benefits from the state of MI. In order to stay current on all new developments, it is recommended that workers open an ‘online claim web account’. By registering yourself with a web account, you will be able to check and manage your information, applications, biweekly claims requests, extension requests and all other key elements from one point.
Some key benefits of the online web account:
- claimants can check their claim status
- check status of benefit payments
- view payment history
- change payment options
- certify biweekly requests through the MARVIN system
- communicate with problem solving agents.
- See the recent changes to the regular UC benefit program
- Tips of contacting the agency
- File a Michigan unemployment claim online
- File a UI claim by telephone
- File an EUC emergency claim or an EB extension request.
Key Pages and Phone Numbers:
- State of MI website: www.michigan.gov/uia/
- Michigan Unemployment phone number page: Claims Phone Line – 866-500-0017
- Call the MARVIN system: 866-638-3993
- UIA – File an Unemployment Claim online: www.michigan.gov/uia/0,1607,7-118–77962–,00.html
- MARVIN: UIA Claim Portal Login page: cwam.unemployment.state.mi.us/UserSignIn/Login.aspx
- Online claim filing kit: www.michigan.gov/documents/uia/OnlineClaimFilingKit_278831_7.pdf
Video: The Job Show UI Tips